NEW major release: cygwin-1.7.1-1

Wed Dec 23 15:28:00 GMT 2009

On Dec 23 09:22, Jason Pyeron wrote:
> > From: Warren Young
> > On 12/23/2009 2:56 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > > after an exceptionally long time of development and testing we're
> > > proud to release Cygwin's next major version 1.7.1.
> >
> > I know it says "no donations" on the site, but is this EU
> > regulation...flexible?  Perhaps I am interested in sending
> > you a Christmas gift of a tasty beverage of your choice?
> > Don't tell me a pack of lawmakers didn't write in a few loopholes! :)
>
> Does purchasing the commercial licensed version from RH help development? We
> could (don't know how much it is) be interested in doing that.

Thanks for this generous offer.

There's no way to buy the commercial version since it's downloadable for
free just like the net distro.  You can purchase a buyout license, user
support, or developer support, see
http://www.redhat.com/services/custom/cygwin/.

So far there's no commercial version derived from 1.7.  The intention is
to wait a couple of weeks until the dust settled around the 1.7 release
and then move over at one point in the first quarter of 2010.

Having said that, a small user support contract would certainly help
development since that's basically how my job is paid.  If your company
is really interested to do that, please feel free to contact our team
via the web form at http://www.redhat.com/services/custom/contact.html

Corinna

Red Hat