Can't install Perl modules with new Cygwin because of gcc version

Reini Urban rurban@x-ray.at
Sat Dec 26 10:27:00 GMT 2009

2009/12/25 Sisyphus:
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Chloe"
>
>> I might be able to add a cc flag in cpan, but I don't know how to take one
>> out.
>
> One hack (which I think should work) would be to remove " -fstack-protector"
> from the ccflags spec in cygwin/lib/perl5/5.10/cygwin/Config_heavy.pl. (I'm
> guessing that's the location of Config_heavy.pl - in my aging version of
> Cygwin it's in cygwin/lib/perl5/5.8/cygwin/ .)

This will not work.
The new perl works with gcc4 and cygwin-1.7 only.

For 1.5 and gcc3 keep the old perl-5.10.0 package.
--
Reini Urban
http://phpwiki.org/           http://murbreak.at/