1.7.1-1 Install freeze of Cygwin post install.sh

Frank Fesevur ffes@users.sourceforge.net
Mon Dec 28 15:18:00 GMT 2009

2009/12/28 Brian Wilson:
> I have no choice but to cancel the install and retry; but it never completes
> and always fails at the same point.  Does anyone know what this means and how
> to fix the problem?  If it's something stupid I've done; please point out the
> issue.

I'm experiencing exactly the same problem on my laptop at work:
http://www.mail-archive.com/cygwin@cygwin.com/msg103719.html

As mentioned in that thread, I disabled everything that I could think
of as BLODA but it still does not work. At home my pc upgraded without
any problem.

There is only one cygwin1.dll on my system and when I run cygcheck
from a ash from a command prompt I get the same "couldn't allocate
heap" error.

Regards,
Frank