Can't use key authentication on x64 Server 2003 R2

Gordon Messmer yinyang@eburg.com
Thu Dec 31 22:20:00 GMT 2009

On 12/31/2009 10:41 AM, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:

> That means there is a process running besides rebaseall.  rebaseall
> must be run from a dash shell with no other processes -- including
> services -- running.

I started bash from the start menu and ran "exec dash".  "ps ax" showed
no other cygwin processes, and sshd had been stopped.  rebaseall
complained before I'd done those things but not after.

I see now that "exec" doesn't do in cygwin what it does in Unix.  "bash"
was still running.  I started "dash" from a cmd prompt, and after
fiddling with PATH, TEMP and TMP environment variables, I was able to
run rebaseall.

For the record, rebaseall doesn't correct the problem with sshd and key
authentication.  bash still dies:
   1 [main] -bash 6832 C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe: *** fatal error -
    couldn't dynamically determine load address for 'WSAGetLastError'