install on vista64 - cygreadline6.dll not found

Simon McQueen sm@prismtech.com
Thu Feb 5 17:30:00 GMT 2009

Hi all,

On 05/02/2009 17:12, Warren Young wrote:
> Terry wrote:
>>
>> This application has failed to start because cygreadline6.dll was not
>> found...
>
> There was a thread started just an hour before yours, also mentioning
> cygreadline6.dll.  Does my reply there help?  If not, maybe we have
> something different happening.  Please report here either way.

I'm reporting 'me too' on this issue. I've noted the previous (and
subsequent) reports and the reply.

Prior to the install I'd completely deleted the cygwin installation
directory and removed the cygnus solutions registry key, as per
http://cygwin.com/faq/faq-nochunks.html#faq.setup.uninstall-all and
rebooted.

My install attempt was with setup.exe 2.573.2.3, downloaded today. I
selected no additional packages other than the defaults.

I wouldn't trouble the list, given the number of reports of the issue
you already have coming in, except that I am attaching the setup.log and
output of cygcheck in case they help.

Thanks for reading.

Cheer,
--
Simon McQueen                                      sm@prismtech.com
OpenFusion CORBA & OpenSplice DDS            skype:simonmcqueen?add