Unexpected unmet dependencies with installer

Ryan Johnson scovich@gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 08:02:00 GMT 2009

Hi all,

I just tried to download the 'screen' package through Cygwin's
setup.exe, and set the mode to 'Keep' to avoid pulling down the umpteen
updated packages it found. Then I selected 'screen' from the list.
However, when I tried to complete the install I got warnings about
jasper, libglut3, libImageMagick1, and others having unmet dependencies
on libGL1, libX11_6, libXt6, etc.

Every packages listed is one the installer wanted to upgrade, and none
seem related to screen in any way (they being image libraries and it
being a terminal program); is it possible that Setup didn't clear the
dependency list properly when I selected 'Keep' mode? Or is Setup's dire
warning about my installation not functioning properly if I continue
likely to be true?

I tried searching the mailing list archives with no luck, so hopefully
this hasn't been beaten to death previously.

Thanks,
Ryan