OpenSSH ssh-add ssh-agent sitting around doing nothing forever

Dobes Vandermeer dobesv@gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 10:28:00 GMT 2009

Recently I updated some cygwin packages because I needed to install something
new.  Yesterday and Today I am finding that about 50% of the time running
ssh-add, ssh, or rsync will simply freeze - sometimes before and sometimes
after I provide my ssh password.  The process isn't spinning since my CPU
isn't at 100%.  I tried downgrading to the OpenSSH version ending in -8
instead of -10 but I am still having the issue.

Has anyone seen an issue like this, and do you have any tips on how to
diagnose this a bit more or (hopefully) fix it?

Thanks in advance,
Dobes