RFE?: CygWinDir in ENV? (was Re: How does one find where Cygwin was installed from Windows?)

Tim McDaniel tmcd@panix.com
Tue Feb 10 20:56:00 GMT 2009

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009, Linda Walsh <cygwin@tlinx.org> wrote:
> Then anything else in "Cygwin" that uses paths -- including setup's
> "cygwin.bat" could use %CygWinDir%

Not that there's being a vote taken or anything, but I would like to
support that notion.  I have several "trampoline" scripts, a bat file
doing nothing but invoking a corresponding bash shell script or Perl
program.  I have to hard-code a location for the bash / perl
interpreter, but those locations change from user to user (some people
install under c:\, some under the standard location).  I would like to
have the scripts work for any system.

--
Tim McDaniel, tmcd@panix.com