Revisiting "Killed by signal 2" caused by ssh -X.

Chan Kar Heng chankarheng@gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 17:47:00 GMT 2009

Hi all.

I'm consistently getting "Killed by signal 2" when I press ctrl-c in an
ssh -X session. I've searched the forums & it seems there hasn't been a
solution for this?

Is there a way to prevent getting "Killed by signal 2" when I press
ctrl-c in ssh -X sessions?

For now, what I do is this:
- Before running ssh -X, in the current cygwin shell, I do a 'trap ""
2'. That's so that the current cygwin shell will ignore sigint.
- Once that's done, I proceed with ssh -X. Cause of the previous step,
Ctrl-C is now completely ignored.
- I then paste `awk 'BEGIN{printf("stty intr %c\n",29)}' /dev/null` into
the shell prompt to set ctrl-] as stty intr.

Hope my temporary solution is useful to those who couldn't get this
fixed yet.

Thanks!

KarHeng