[CFT] libtool on nix->cygwin cross, with wine

Wed Feb 25 02:42:00 GMT 2009

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 04:44:58PM -0600, Ben Kamen wrote:
> Greg Freemyer wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 4:35 PM, rhubbell <Rhubbell@ihubbell.com> wrote:
>>> Ok, this is one neurotic list.
>> A lot of Linux mailing lists have that policy.  Especially if it is
>> high volume or has a large subscriber base.  The idea is that someone
>> can read a single email and understand it without having to bounce all
>> over the place.
>
>What still always makes me laugh is the people who are so emphatic
>about top vs.  bottom posting.
>
>(someone even had a clever .sig showing the flow of top posting and how
>"backwards" it is)
>
>But honestly, we humans have remarkable brains that let us put back
>together the conversation in either order.  Is it really *that* hard?
>Maybe for some.
>
>But what made me laugh about the .sig was that it missed something.
>
>it said something along the idea of:
>
>Because it just does.  Why.  Yes.  So, does that make it evil?  because
>it reverses the flow of discussion.  why is top posting evil?
>
>But what makes me laugh is that people on a list have now just received
>a sequence of messages in the correct flow with the most current
>information at the top without the need for scrolling through redundant
>
>Personally (and this is the important part), I don't let it bother *me*
>because I realize everyone's brain works a little differently.
>
>Speaking of which..
>http://mailformat.dan.info/quoting/top-posting.html
>
>Sorry for my ramble.  I'll go hide now.

Thanks.  Your notion that you have anything new to say on this subject
is very wrong.  And, since your ramble has nothing to do with Cygwin,
you're also off-topic.

If people want a forum to demonstrate their ability to laugh at odd
things or to express sentiments about the culture of this list then
maybe the cygwin-talk mailing list would be more to their liking.