gcc 3.4.4 crashing with segfault

Grant Edwards grante@visi.com
Tue Jan 6 01:09:00 GMT 2009

On 2009-01-05, Grant Edwards <grante@visi.com> wrote:

> While trying to build a gcc 3.2.1 cross-compiler on a current
> Cygwin install, I get a repeatable segfault/internal-error from
> gcc 3.4.4 [see below].

Just to reiterate: I mis-interpreted the error message.  It's
not the 3.4.4 native Cygwin compiler that's segfaulting. What's
segfaulting is the 3.2.1 arm-elf targeted cross-compiler that
has just been build and is then being used to build stdc++
libraries.

I'm going to use the Cygwin time machine to go back in time a
year or two at a time to see if I can find a point where the
cross-compiler starts to work...

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! Like I always say
                                  at               -- nothing can beat