cmd.exe from Cygwin

Wed Jan 7 08:35:00 GMT 2009

Jeenu V wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 11:23 PM, Larry Hall (Cygwin)
> <reply-to-list-only-lh@cygwin.com> wrote:
>> Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
>
>>> I know you've looked at the environment differences on your machine
>>> between a plain cmd and one under bash.  How about comparing yours
>>> under bash with your colleague's?  Also, does the shell matter?  Does
>>> it happen for you with tcsh, pdksh, or zsh too?  This might provide
>>> some insight.
>> Almost forgot.  One more thing and probably the most important.  Is this
>> reproducible with the upcoming Cygwin 1.7 release?
>
> I installed 1.7
> I tried with other shells you mentioned
> I sourced my colleagues enviornement variables to my bash
>
> None made a difference! :(. I started suspecting my PC more, though
> I'm not sure how to pin the problem down. Any clues?

With cgf's help and a good look at your cygcheck output, I believe I was
able to reproduce something like your problem.  If I'm right, then you
want to remove 'tty' from your CYGWIN environment variable.  Make sure
you exit *all* Cygwin processes, including services, before firing up
bash again and invoking 'cnd' from there to test.

Holliston, MA 01746