Empty include file on samba share

Fabian Cenedese Cenedese@indel.ch
Fri Jan 9 12:21:00 GMT 2009

At 11:28 08.01.2009 -0500, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
>Fabian Cenedese wrote:
>>>We're missing some information about your system configuration.  Please
>>>read the problem reporting guidelines found at the link below, paying
>>>particular attention to the part about the cygcheck output.  A STC might
>>>also be warranted.
>>The output is attached. But the cygwin tool list is not important as we only
>>provide the minimum (meaning cygwin1.dll) to run the compiler and linker.
>>Drive q is a samba share, not really NTFS.
>
>ATM, I have only a few comments:
>
>1. Your installation is outdated.  You may have better luck if you upgrade.

I might try that, but I guess I need to rebuild the tools to use 1.7.
I have now used gcc 3.4.3. and 4.1. with exactly the same cygwin1.dll.
They both could compile without showing these errors. So I guess
cygwin is not at fault.

>2. You seem to have competing tools installed and to not have Cygwin tools
>   in your path.  These two things make it unclear what parts of Cygwin
>   are actually in use in your scenario.

Why do you say competing tools? There's only 1 cygwin1.dll in the path.
And the other cygwin tools are not needed. gcc, as, ld etc are all in the
same directory, built with the same environment.

>3. Since you mention your share is just a "samba share", I'm not sure if
>   you mean it's from a Linux machine or simply a Windows server with a
>   FAT* partition.  If the former, have you tried using NFS?

Yes, it's a linux file server with samba shares, underlying FS probably ext3.
I have not tried NFS as we mostly use windows and we have customer
reports with the same problem that only use windows (no linux server).

>4. Are you sure there aren't network issues here?

Do you mean IP-address conflicts? Or what else? As the windows network
doesn't show problems the basic setup seems fine.

Thanks for the help, I'll start looking into gcc changes.

bye  Fabi