Octave has stopped running for me - no error msg

Fri Jan 9 21:57:00 GMT 2009

Bruce McNamara wrote:
>> Bruce McNamara wrote:
>>> Before: I have cygwin (ver 1.5.25-15) with octave (ver 3.0.2-1), X
> and a
>>> few other packages.  My OS is XP with Service Pack 3.  Everything
> works
>>> fine.
>>>
>>> Possible cause: I installed the GNUARM tools
>>   Argh.  http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#3PP alert!
>>
>>> After: When I run octave, either from a bash shell or an xterm
> window, it
>>> just thinks for a couple of seconds and then gives me another prompt
> - if
>>> octave ran, it quit right away.  There is no error message or other
>>> indication of what went wrong.  Other /usr/bin executables run just
> fine.
>>   Standard shell advice: use "echo $?" to check the exit status if
> there's no
>> error message.
>
> When I run echo $? after running octave I get: 53

That means you're missing a DLL octave needs to run.  Run
'cygcheck octave' and look for DLL(s) it reports missing.  Then, look
up the packages that contain the DLL(s) that are missing with
<http://cygwin.com/packages/>.  Install those packages with 'setup.exe'.

Holliston, MA 01746