Did anyone download the Windows 7 beta?

Sun Jan 11 08:05:00 GMT 2009

I know that we don't claim to support beta versions of Windows but I did
manage to grab a copy of the beta iso and install it in a virtualbox
(http://virtualbox.org/) virtual machine for playing.  The system
installed smoothly and boots quickly.  It is fairly snappy except that I
swear that, after it first boots, I notice a pause running any program.
That disappears eventually but it still seems odd.

Cygwin seems to run as I'd expect with one exception - I couldn't edit
the /etc/ssh_config file without first changing the ownership to myself
even when running in a privileged shell.  Other than that, in very
limited testing it seemed to be ok.  vim worked, bash worked, ssh and
sshd worked.

Here's an article on the current state of Windows 7 download for anyone
who wants to get it:

http://www.technotraits.com/2009/01/microsoft-removes-25-million-limit-on-windows-7-beta/

Unfortunately, it seems like getting a windows key requires registering
in Windows passport.

Did anyone else try this?

cgf