First Pass at mintty documentation

Lee D.Rothstein lee@veritech.com
Sun Jan 11 21:39:00 GMT 2009

Hi, I've taken a first pass at distilling my experience with
'mintty' and the [ahem] discussion, here, about it into a text
file (see attachment mintty.{h})

If there is an affinity to it, I would be happy to plug this all
into a valid man template.

For my votes on 'mintty':

* I love it the way it is.

* Favorite features:
  > Speed
  > Speed
  > Best conformance to my personal expectation of what various
    directional keys (<HOME>, <END>, <->>, <<->, etc.) should do!
    (However, still bummed that <CTRL>-<->> & <CTRL>-<<-> do not
    move, respectively forward and back a word on the command
    line!)

* Futures expectation: My number one goal would be for it to
  replace the Cygwin console for everything, although I
  understand there are great difficulties with that goal.

Because of the nature of various "discussion" elements in wading
through this stuff, I am referring to my documentation "project" as:
*Diuretics*!

Thank you, very much, Mr. Andy Koppe.

Signed,

L. Dave Rothstein (Lee) ;-)