[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: parrot-0.8.2-1 with parrot-perl6 and parrot-languages

Reini Urban rurban@x-ray.at
Mon Jan 12 00:39:00 GMT 2009

Charles Wilson schrieb:
> Reini Urban wrote:
>
>> Thanks to all our contributors for making this possible, and our
>> sponsors for supporting this project. Our next release is 20 January
>> 2009, where all the cygwin patches will be merged into trunk. Until then
>> cygwin is still the only parrot release which works without the source
>> tree.
>
> Wow. Just...wow! Cygwin -- as a development platform -- supports parrot
> features that no other platform supports! (Sure, they are
> build/infrastructure features and not end-user-visible ones, but still...)
>
> Let's hear it for Reini and the other cygwin/parrot contributors!

Unfortunately my big 405kb src patch still didn't make it the next
release on January 20, only parts of it.

But then at least other packagers get a little bit of more core support
of being installable.
--
Reini Urban
http://phpwiki.org/  http://murbreak.at/