MinTTY "vs" rxvt (was Re: MinTTY 0.3.3)

Andy Koppe andy.koppe@gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 12:35:00 GMT 2009

Paul McFerrin wrote:
> I've been using rxvt for years as my main terminal and just tried using
> minTTY and really prefer not to use it.  You see I'm and old man with
> poor eye sight.  The visual attributes of minTTY aren't the same that I
> use with rxvt.  The Lucida Console (white foreground on black) has less
> contrast as the same font on rxvt.  If I make it bold, it approaches
> nearly the same brightness as rxvt but a little more blurry.  These
> featurea don't go with poor vision.

The text foreground colour can be changed on the "Looks" page of the
options. The default is a light grey (191,191,191) in order to leave
room for the bright attribute. Setting it to proper white (255,255,255)
might make a difference. Regarding blurriness, it might be worth trying
the different font smoothing methods (none, anti-aliased, "ClearType").

Andy