python 2.6

George Ciobanu george.ciobanu@gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 04:08:00 GMT 2009


Hi Jason,

First of all, sorry for breaking the thread, but I'm not a subscriber to 
this list. Please cc me on the next email.

Just wanted to let you know that I don't see the issue you are 
describing in my environment when running "make test". I've attached the 
cygcheck info.

My run blocks at test_httpservers, but I suspect this is because I 
haven't been able to compile it fully. I've traced this problem to 
graminit.o which contains the missing symbol, but I haven't had the time 
to look in depth into this.

$ make
running build
running build_ext
building 'parser' extension
gcc -shared -Wl,--enable-auto-image-base 
build/temp.cygwin-1.5.25-i686-2.6/home/
George/Python-2.6.1/Modules/parsermodule.o -L/usr/local/lib -L. 
-lpython2.6 -o b
uild/lib.cygwin-1.5.25-i686-2.6/parser.dll
build/temp.cygwin-1.5.25-i686-2.6/home/George/Python-2.6.1/Modules/parsermodule.
o: In function `parser_expr':
/home/George/Python-2.6.1/Modules/parsermodule.c:552: undefined 
reference to `__
PyParser_Grammar'
build/temp.cygwin-1.5.25-i686-2.6/home/George/Python-2.6.1/Modules/parsermodule.
o: In function `parser_suite':
/home/George/Python-2.6.1/Modules/parsermodule.c:552: undefined 
reference to `__
PyParser_Grammar'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Failed to find the necessary bits to build these modules:
_bsddb             _hashlib           _sqlite3
_ssl               _tkinter           bsddb185
bz2                gdbm               linuxaudiodev
nis                ossaudiodev        readline
spwd               sunaudiodev
To find the necessary bits, look in setup.py in detect_modules() for the 
module'
s name.


Failed to build these modules:
parser

running build_scripts


Thanks,
George


George Ciobanu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a plan to move a newer version of python, such as 2.6?
>
> Has anyone tried to incorporate it so far?
>
> Thanks,
> George
>

-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
Name: cygcheck.txt
URL: <http://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin/attachments/20090113/07cb9fb3/attachment.txt>
-------------- next part --------------
--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/


More information about the Cygwin mailing list