Another rvxt vs. minTTY 0.3.4

Andy Koppe andy.koppe@gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 22:34:00 GMT 2009

Paul McFerrin wrote:
> I have another difference between 0.3.4 and 0.3.3 of minTTY and rxvt.
>
> If you have a long-running script running, any attemps to stop it with
> either Control-C or Control-\ does nothing.

It's working here. Just tried it with a 'configure' script.

> Seems that minTTY is
> starting the child process with SIGINT signals disabled.

Signals are left untouched on the way to the child command's exec()
call, which means the child process will inherit MinTTY's set of ignored
signals. How are you invoking MinTTY?

Would people like to see this behaviour changed so that all child
process signal handlers are reset to SIG_DFL?

> At the prompt, Control-C is recognized.

I think that's because bash disables pty signal generation and processes
control characters directly.

Andy