building PHP5

Paul McFerrin pmcferrin@columbus.rr.com
Sun Jan 18 13:12:00 GMT 2009

I'm confused what to download.  When I click the link:
  SCM Repositories - cygwin-ports
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/cygwin-ports>

and following the instructions to build/install:
   ./configure ; make ; make install

All three steps above complete in under 10 seconds.  There is no code
present to compile.  I seem to be jumping thru many hoops to get a
*php5*.dll module to install AND what the complete syntax I should use for:
         LoadModule   xxxxxxxx   libexec/xxxxxxx.dll
Everytime I build the PHP5 library always has unresolved symbols and
thus install a .a library instead of one with DSO support.

I'm at the end of my rope and the rope is not too long!

- Paul