Hosting the Debian/kCygwin port?

Sjors Gielen mailinglist@dazjorz.com
Wed Jan 21 13:17:00 GMT 2009


Samuel Thibault schreef:
> Sjors Gielen, le Wed 21 Jan 2009 13:28:55 +0100, a écrit :
>> I started with the idea when I noticed this project. It had been dead 
>> for a few years, and I liked the idea and looked into it. I had some 
>> contact with the original admin. He added me to the project, created an 
>> SVN repository on my request, but refused to make me an admin, which is 
>> needed to i.e. modify the project web frontend.
> 
> Did you tell him so?

I didn't tell him I needed admin access, but I did ask for it. (Either 
way, there's no reason for him not to give access, especially since he 
hasn't done anything in years.)

>> When I filed a project takeover, the admin removed my SVN commit
>> access.
> 
> I could understand that if you didn't ask for admin rights and
> explaining why.
> 
>> I'm still waiting for the admin to either accept or reject the project 
>> takeover request. I don't have a lot of hope there, he seems to be 
>> working against me.
> 
> Well I'd fork then, thank the free software licenses ;)

I'm planning to start from scratch if this doesn't work out. There's no 
use forking, there's nothing to fork. :)

Sjors


--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list