[resolved] Rsync (daemon) cannot see loopback connections IP address as "127.0.0.1"

cuicui cuicui.oizo@free.fr
Fri Jan 23 18:41:00 GMT 2009

cuicui a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to use rsync over SSH without the "-e ssh" option. The idea
> is to make rsync --daemon bind on the loopback on the Cygwin box and to
> connect to this box with a tunnel:
>
> ssh -L 873:localhost:873 user@cygwin_box
>
> On the Cygwin Box, the file /etc/rsync.conf contains:
>
> [d_drive]
>         read only = yes
>         path = /cygdrive/d/
>         hosts allow = 127.0.0.1
>
> To backup the Cygwin box, this simple command should do the trick:
>
> rsync -avz localhost::d_drive /path
>
> This is a simple use of a SSH tunnel.
>
> Unfortunately, on the cygwin box, rsync sees the loopback connection
> (from the SSH tunnel) from its own public IP address instead of
> "127.0.0.1".
>
> So the /etc/rsync.conf should be:
>
> [d_drive]
>         read only = yes
>         path = /cygdrive/d/
>         hosts allow = <real_IP_address_instead_of_loopback_address>
>
> It works but I'd like to backup a lot of Cygwin boxes and having to fill
> the "hosts allow" line with a non-generic static value is quite disturbing.
>
> How can I make rsync seeing local/tunnel connections as "127.0.0.1"?

Mmmm, my SSH tunnel wasn't good, I did:

ssh -L 873:cygwin_box:873 user@cygwin_box instead of

ssh -L 873:localhost:873 user@cygwin_box

Sorry about that, problem solved.

Nicolas

--
Ce message a ete verifie par MailScanner
suspect n'a ete trouve.