configure cannot find boost libraries

Mon Jan 26 23:49:00 GMT 2009

Claude Sylvain wrote:
> Paulianna2002 wrote:

<snip>

>  > I did install the boost package(s) under Cygwin.
>  >
>  > Any advice is appreciated....thanks!!
>  >

> I had the same problem.
>
> It seems that boost library include files are not located in
> /usr/include/boost/, but in /usr/include/boost-1_33_1/boost, or
> something like that, depending of the cygwin version you use.
>
> A workaround can be to make a copy of /usr/include/boost-1_33_1/boost/
> directory into /usr/include/.  This make the boost directory appear at
> the right place.
>
> Not sure if it is the best solution, but its work for me.

If this is the problem Paulianna is having, then I would say two better
solutions would be adding '-I/usr/include/boost-1_33_1' to CFLAGS or
creating a symbolic link from '/usr/include/boost' to
'/usr/include/boost-1_33_1'.  But I agree that your solution would
indeed work, though it would be less maintainable and would take up
more disk space.

Holliston, MA 01746