Finding out login history

Marco Atzeri marco_atzeri@yahoo.it
Tue Jan 27 13:45:00 GMT 2009

--- Ronald Fischer ha scritto:

> Marco Atzeri   writes:
> OK, now I finally have 'last', there is a usage
> problem:
>
> mucn13154:~ 1 501 $ last
> last: /var/log/wtmp: No such file or directory
> Perhaps this file was removed by the operator to
> prevent logging last info.
> mucn13154:~ 1 503 $ ls -l /var/log
> total 6031
> -rw-r--r--  1 fischron mkgroup-l-d       0 Dec 16
> 10:31 cron.log
> drwxrwxrwx+ 2 SYSTEM   root              0 Jan 20
> 15:02 exim
> -rwxrwxrwx+ 1 fischron mkgroup-l-d  285562 Jan 20
> 15:08 setup.log
> -rwxrwxrwx+ 1 fischron mkgroup-l-d 5889080 Jan 20
> 15:08 setup.log.full
>
> Seems as if I am out of luck here....
>

> Ronald

RTFM

man last

NOTES
The files wtmp and btmp might not be found.
The system only logs infor-mation  in  these
files if they are present. This is a local
configura-tion issue. If you want the files to be
used, they can be created  with a simple touch(1)
command (for example, touch /var/log/wtmp).

Cheers from NXP
Marco