how to windows login from shell

Andrwe Lord Weber lord-weber-andrwe@renona-studios.org
Wed Jul 1 05:15:00 GMT 2009

Hi,

is there a function to login as a user from the cygwin bash-shell?

The reason I'm asking is I want to connect to M$ XP using ssh public key
authentication.
The connection itself is working fine but I can't use shares because of
missing rights.
I figured out that the login process isn't a real Windows login if you
use a public key authentication so you don't have exactly the right the
normal user has.
After some research I found some mails in mailing lists talking about
this problem but there was just the solution to use net use
\\computer\share /USER:user password
to get a share but this possibility doesn't work for me.
That is why I got the idea to start a script, program or something like
that after the user authenticated itself which authenticates the user to
Windows.
Therefore I was hoping that cygwin already has a function to
authenticate a user.

Andrwe