Stuck trying to reinstall Emacs 23.0.92 and setup dying each time

KARR, DAVID (ATTCINW) dk068x@att.com
Wed Jul 1 23:54:00 GMT 2009

If I understand this correctly, this modified version (over a year old now) only deals with not leaving the corrupted .gz file when setup fails.  It doesn't address the failure of setup.  It seems to me that the corrupted .gz file is just a symptom of another problem that may or not be addressed by this modified setup.exe.

I guess I'll try it anyway, as I'm sure not getting anywhere yet.