subversion-1.6.2-4 (for 1.7): svnserve STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION error

Shaddy Baddah helium@shaddybaddah.name
Thu Jul 2 01:25:00 GMT 2009

Hi,

I'm encountering a problem with svnserve from the subversion package for
Cygwin 1.7. When an svn request is made to svnserve, it is locking up
the process with an error message of this sort:

6076:Shaddy@avistahost ~
$ svnserve --daemon --foreground --root /tmp/scrubrepo/
      5 [main] svnserve 3928 _cygtls::handle_exceptions: Exception:
STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
   1096 [main] svnserve 3928 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to
svnserve.exe.stackdump

I've attached a diagnostics.txt file with some details of diagnostics
I've run. One of the things I've observed is that this may be related to
TCPV6 operations that svnserve is defaulting to. I've also attached the
stackdump.

I can work around this problem by adding --listen-address 127.0.0.1 to
my command line, so any assistance in fixing the problem will be an
greatly appreciated bonus.

Thanks in advance,
Shaddy