fresh 1.7, bash fails with STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Jerry DeLisle jvdelisle@verizon.net
Mon Jul 6 02:40:00 GMT 2009

Eric Blake wrote:

> According to Jerry DeLisle on 7/5/2009 1:35 PM:
>> Warning: There are multiple cygwin1.dlls on your path
>>

> That's probably your culprit.

I saw that too and did a full search of the disk and there is only one cygwin1.dll

I am also seeing a stack dump for id.exe and one for bash.exe. The id.exe
stackdump occurs when I execute cygcheck -s

The other symptoms are: none of the startup scripts are being sourced (executed).

I end up with a bare shell running with /usr/bin as the current working
directory. The only reason I can do anything at all is I added the cygwin bin
directory to the windows path.

Regards,

Jerry