Installed Cygwin 1.7 - no X?

Lloyd Wood L.Wood@surrey.ac.uk
Wed Jul 8 09:56:00 GMT 2009

Aha, selecting X11/X-start-menu-icons pulled in all the missing X
dependencies
that I hadn't noticed were turned off.

(The new start menu icon has an X logo, is called 'idle', shows the
yellow
hover text 'Python IDE', and when clicked generates the alert 'Error:
could not start C:\cygwin\bin\idle -display 127.0.0.1:0.0'. But
startxwin.bat works as you'd expect.)

<http://info.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/><L.Wood@surrey.ac.uk>