Intermittent Cron Errors

Rajiv Garg rajiv@rajivgarg.com
Wed Jul 8 17:18:00 GMT 2009

Hi,

We are seeing intermittent cron errors on some of our servers.  We run about
a couple of hundred jobs on these servers, and about 5% of them fail with
the error "can't switch user context").  We enabled verbose logging, and in
/var/log/cron.log see messages that say "cannot set uid for <user>".  What
is odd is that the same job, with the same user will run successfully 95% of
the time.  So it doesn't seem to be a permission issue or configuration
issue.

Can anyone shed some light on where we should next for this?  Output from
cronbug is attached.

Thanks,
Rajiv

http://www.nabble.com/file/p24395640/cronbug.txt cronbug.txt