Trouble creating crontab

Thu Jul 16 19:15:00 GMT 2009

Paul Mead wrote:
> "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh....> writes:
                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
<http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR>.  Spammers->Don't feed.  Thanks.

>> Paul Mead wrote:
>>> OK, now that I appear to have sorted my permissions out in general, I
>>> still have a problem creating crontab.
>>>
>>> I run crontab -e and it fires up emacs (my editor of choice) but can't
>>> create the crontab file becuase the temp version is unreadable.
>>>
>>> I also tried to open it using another editor by was denied access.
>>>
>>> Any thoughts anyone?
>> Cygwin Emacs or something else?  What does 'ls -l' on the crontab file
>> show?  It might be the right time to review the problem reporting guidelines
>> and submit a full report:
>>
>>> Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
> No, NT Emacs. running ls -l throws up some very strange stuff:
>
> ??????????? ? ?        ?            ? crontab.37ESnC4Lrp
>
> odd..

Not necessarily.

<http://cygwin.com/1.7/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html#ntsec-ids>

You should be more successful with a Cygwin-enabled editor, if you'd
prefer not to track down the permission issues with NT Emacs and Cygwin.

Holliston, MA 01746

A: Yes.