install from install files?

Wed Jul 29 10:19:00 GMT 2009

On 07/28/2009 07:33 PM, Robert Mark Bram wrote:

<snip>

> One more question: I notice that each time I update Cygwin, I get
> another "ftp...mirror.. " folder.

I know this is not your question but I figured it was a point that was worth
documenting for the archives if nothing else (though it has been made
before so this would just be a "recent" version).  You only get another
folder if the mirror you selected for this update was different than the
one(s) you selected the last time you ran 'setup.exe'.  'setup.exe' will
use (and remember) up to 4 simultaneously selected mirrors.  So you only
need to select a (set of) mirror(s) once unless you prefer to do
otherwise.

Holliston, MA 01746