Python-devel on Windows XP build

Gwen Morse gwen.morse@gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 14:11:00 GMT 2009

I'm trying to compile Tinyfuge with python extensions on my Windows XP
box. I have the source which is reported by friends to compile properly
on linux systems.

./configure fails, checking the log I see this message:

configure:8153: result: no
configure:8169: checking for strstr
configure:8226: gcc -o conftest.exe -g -O2 -DTFPYTHON
-I/usr/include/python2.5   -Lpcre-2.08 conftest.c  -lssl -lcrypto
-lpython2.5 >&5
conftest.c:68: warning: conflicting types for built-in function 'strstr'
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld:
cannot find -lpython2.5

I googled for possible solutions and it appears (based on several
messages) that Cygwin
has problems with building executables that require 'python-devel'.

I reinstalled all the python packages and included the source. I still
can't find a way to get cygwin to find the appropriate files to complete
this build.

Gwen