UAC .manifest files

Thu Jun 4 15:20:00 GMT 2009

On 04/06/2009 08:19, Charles Wilson wrote:
> Spiro Trikaliotis wrote:
>
>> - let my.manifest be the manifest file
>> - Generate a .rc file with the line:
>>    1 RT_MANIFEST "my.manifest"
>> - Let the resource compiler handle the .rc file, and let windres merge
>>    the info into the executable.
>
> Sounds like a job for automake, not gcc.  I don't see anything here
> http://autoconf-archive.cryp.to/macros-by-category.html#AUTOMAKE yet, tho.

I concur; this is not within the realm of gcc to handle by itself.

There are a number of GTK+ packages which include windres .rc files, but
it takes all sorts of automake hacking to do it (all within an
AM_CONDITIONAL, of course).  As for packages which don't use autotools,
good luck.  Either way, we don't want to go that route.

Yaakov