Problems with gmp and mpfr after rebasing - was Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] gmp-4.3.1-1 for cygwin-1.7

David Billinghurst dbcygwin@gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 23:38:00 GMT 2009

David Billinghurst wrote:

> Here is another build of gmp with CVS binutils and -shared-libgcc.  I
> took more care and ensured that CVS binutils was used everywhere.  These
> DLLs work with expr and gcc-4, and the gmp testsuite passes, both before
> and after rebasing.  A build without -shared-libgcc did not work after
> rebasing.

> I have also rebuilt mpfr in the same way.  It too works for me after
> rebasing.

> My other packages - mpclib, ppl and cloog-ppl - may suffer from the same
> problem.  A job for tomorrow.

The mpclib, ppl and cloog-ppl DLLs all survived a rebase and had already
suffered multiple rebaseall attacks.  The testsuites still pass and CVS
gcc - which uses them - passed a smoke test.