cygwin multi window and copy paste issues

samitj jain.samit@gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 10:37:00 GMT 2009

Hello,
I upgraded my cygwin packages to latest versions and unfortunately I did not
back up previous versions and now nothing is working. I was hoping the new
packages are atleast stable before they are released to the public.

I used to be able to get multiple xterm window view using 'startx' but now
either it keeps crashing or gives a bad single window interface.

The copy paste (using mouse middle button) is no longer working between
windows applications and xterm. This used to work.

Can you tell me what I need to do to revert to a stable version which gives
me the simple and stable features as before?

thank you,

Sam