[BUG 1.7 getopt_long() and recv()] has problem for tftp-hpa-5.0 on cygwin-1.7/win2003

Sun Jun 14 12:29:00 GMT 2009

On Jun 14 02:00, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 07:53:10PM -0700, Xiaoqiang Zheng wrote:
> >to make the 2 BUGs more clear:
> >[...]
> >* recv() returns -1 with error 14 when it read acknolege packet from the socket, the normal return value is 4.
>
> Chuck's analysis of 1. seems spot on.
>
> Corinna should have fixed 2.  earlier today.  Her fix should be in the
> latest snapshot at http://cygwin.com/snapshots/

Just FYI, I found that the Winsock function WSARecvFrom has a weird
property.  If the parameter in which the socket name is returned is a
NULL pointer, the namelen pointer must be a NULL pointer as well,
otherwise WSARecvFrom returns a WSAEFAULT error, even if the namelen
pointer points to a valid, writable memory area.  The name and namelen
parameter are ignored entirely with TCP sockets, so WSAEFAULT is only
returned for UDP sockets.  This might explain that we didn't have a bug
report for this so far.

Thanks for the testcase, even though an entire application is quite
bulky as a testcase.

Corinna

Red Hat