cmake: Cygwin patches

Wed Jun 17 12:05:00 GMT 2009

Bill,

I have a several patches for cmake which I ship in Ports but should
really be moved into the distro.  I have used these to build dozens of
packages, including KDE4.

The current patchset is in Ports SVN:
http://cygwin-ports.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/cygwin-ports/ports/trunk/devel/cmake/

The relevant patches are:

* 2.6-cygwin.patch:
cmake sets both WIN32 and UNIX for Cygwin.  Sounds nice in theory, but
1) that doesn't really make sense, 2) generally cygwin has very little
in common with Windows (where there are a few similarities when using
autotools, those generally don't apply with cmake), and 3) many packages
use WIN32 literally (w32api/gdi/etc.) without casing Cygwin.

This patch changes cmake to treat Cygwin like other *NIX platforms, and
creates libraries with names following the libtool convention
"cygfoo-MAJOR.dll".

* 2.6-KDE3Macros.patch:
Fixes the KDE3 module .la file to match what libtool itself would create
(and what cygport expects).

* 2.6-usr-prefix.patch:
Prepends the /usr prefix before / prefix, so that we don't assume
/usr/lib == /lib.

The other patches there are Ports-specific (at least for now).

Yaakov