Is there a script to remove old packages from local disk

Ralph Hempel rhempel@bmts.com
Wed Jun 17 19:59:00 GMT 2009


Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 08:39:05AM -0400, Ralph Hempel wrote:

>> Whenever the next round of changes to setup happens, and the talk gets
>> around to "Removing the Download to Local Directory" or "Should we
>> Delete the Downloaded Files", please consider saying "No" to both
>> proposals.  :-)
> 
> Why do you expand this to mean something that I never implied?  I never
> said that we should remove "Download to Local Directory".

Because there's no point to having a separate download to local
directory if you're going to erase the files later. The dangers
of leaping to conclusions based on what I think you are thinking
is becoming apparent.

> But regardless, maybe a tool is all that is really needed here.

Yes, and that saves everyone from thinking about how to change
setup again - which is good.

Ralph

--
Unsubscribe info:      http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation:         http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ:                   http://cygwin.com/faq/



More information about the Cygwin mailing list