[ANNOUNCEMENT] [1.7] Updated: git-1.6.3.2-1, git{k,-gui,-completion,-svn}-1.6.3.2-1

Andy Moreton andrewjmoreton@gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 16:36:00 GMT 2009

On Wed 17 Jun 2009, Eric Blake wrote:

> A new release of git, 1.6.3.2-1, has been uploaded to the cygwin 1.7
> release area.  This replaces 1.6.3.1-1 as current.
>
> NEWS:
> =====
> This is a new upstream major release.  It also changes the location of
> library executables from /usr/sbin/git-core to the FHS-specified
> /usr/lib/git-core, as well as providing UAC manifest files as needed for
> Vista.  I'm attaching the release notes; see also the package
> documentation in /usr/share/doc/git/.
>
> There is still a known report of cloning over the git: protocol to fail
> with 'Bad address', but this is suspected to be a bug in cygwin1.dll; the
> workaround is to clone over the http: protocol.

I've been experiencing this cloning problem too, both with git: and
http: protocols (both with Cygwin 1.5 and 1.7). On the repos I've tried
I have never yet managed a successful clone.

However with git 1.5.3.2-1 and cygwin 1.7.0-50 I have had much more success,
so that this actually works:

   git clone git://git.sv.gnu.org/guile.git

Many thanks to the Cygwin maintainers for fixing this!

    AndyM