Cygwin 1.7: Possible file permission errors in 'base-files'

Mon Jun 22 10:53:00 GMT 2009

On Jun 20 12:59, Mark Harig wrote:

> The two files 'base-files-mketc.sh' and 'base-files-profiles.sh' included
> in the 'base-files' package have their permissions set to 644 while all
> other scripts in /etc/postinstall/ have their permissions set to 755.
>
> Is this a side-effect of 'base-files-profiles.sh' not completing without
> errors, or is this set in the packaging?
>
> (Technically, the files with the permission problems are
> /etc/postinstall/base-files-mketc.sh.done and
> /etc/postinstall/base-files-profiles.sh.done.)

Technically it's a packaging bug.  The scripts should have execute
permissions like all the shell scripts in /etc/postinstall and
/etc/preremove.

John, I fixed that on Sourceware and created a 3.8-4 package with
execute permissions for postinstall and preremove scripts.

It shouldn't affect postinstall, though.  When calling `bash -c script',
then bash runs these scripts as long as the user has read permissions
on Cygwin.  Which is actually kind of a bug in Cygwin.  I've put that
on my TODO list.

Corinna

Red Hat