weird feature

Vincent R. forumer@smartmobili.com
Mon Jun 22 15:49:00 GMT 2009

Hi,

I know that my question could be a bit astonishing but I am not afraid to
ask it ;-)
I am trying to compile a software for symbian platform and originally they
have released a SDK on windows
linked with mingw and where you use a DOS terminal to compile.
They have designed some build system mixing mingw/perl/dos command (yuk!)
but I don't want to follow their logic
and I wouldn't like to install mingw (last time I tried I had so many
issues I don't want to try again).

So my question is would it be possible for cygwin to understand path like
that :

/myfolder/foo instead of /cygdrive/c/myfolder/foo

What I mean is it seems that their toolchain is considering /... as
DRIVELETTER_WHERE_ITS_INSTALLED/...

Would it be possible I don't know by declaring a env var to allow that kind
of behavior ?

So we would be able to go to 'unix' folder (cd /usr) and to real windows
folders (cd /Windows).