[1.7.0-50] scp progress counter flies through first 175 MB or so

Mon Jun 29 05:31:00 GMT 2009

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 10:50:05AM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 04:36:51PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>>Looks like scp now stumbles over the pipe select() implementation.
>
>Yes.  Grumble.  That's a bad interaction between non-blocking writes and
>our stupid-thanks-to-Microsoft select implementation.  I think I can
>work around this particular problem though.  I'll get to that this
>weekend.

This should be fixed in the latest snapshot.  I hated to do it because I
think I've throttled pipe reads and writes somewhat but it should be
more correct now.

However, the new implementation may play more nicely with things like
rsync which hang on pipe writes.

Btw, Corinna, were you proposing turning the "FIXME" code in peek_pipe
back on?  I don't think I ever saw it fail myself after my last round
of tweaks but I don't remember what the exact problem was.  Did it
fail on some version of Windows NT/2000/XP/2003/2008/7?

cgf