Fw: patch command giving permission denied

Aaron Gray aaronngray.lists@googlemail.com
Sun Mar 1 21:18:00 GMT 2009

On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 1:30 AM, Aaron Gray
<aaronngray.lists@googlemail.com> wrote:
>I am getting the following on executing the patch command :-
>
>  bash: /usr/bin/patch: Permission Denied
>
>It works on my other Vista machine okay (That is an Enterprise one rather
>than a Home version)
>
>Anyone got any ideas why and how to fix it

It works fine on my other Vista Home machine.

It works okay if I run cygwin bash as an administrator.

Why is this machine behaving differently and how do I fix it ?

I tried reloading Cygwin from scratch, but that did not help.

Aaron