[1.7] rebaseall doesn't solve the problem

Mon Mar 2 12:08:00 GMT 2009

On Feb 28 21:28, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Feb 28 14:51, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> > >
> > >I'd probably wait on that for the /next/ release (e.g. after 4.3.2-2),
> > >[...]
> > >Maybe the aslr functionality is different enough -- and useful in enough
> > >contexts that differ from rebasing -- that instead of incorporating
> > >'call aslr TOO' into rebaseall, there should be a separate 'aslrall' script?
> >
> > It should be trivial to add this to binutils.  Doesn't it ultimately
> > belong in ld and (maybe) objcopy?
>
> Yes, that should be done in ld.
>
> > I can add this now but I don't think it should be the default just yet.
>
> If the TS-aware flag actually helps to avoid the tsappcmp.dll bug, then
> I think the flag should be set by ld by default for Cygwin apps.

Btw., I just noticed that the Visual C++ Linker sets the TS-aware flag
by default, see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/01cfys9z.aspx

It would probably be very helpful in the long run if ld had some generic
option to set any of the Windows-specific header flags at build time.

Corinna

Red Hat