[1.7] rebaseall doesn't solve the problem

Tue Mar 3 02:44:00 GMT 2009

Charles Wilson wrote:
> Dave Korn wrote:
>>   Yep, this is exactly how I'm doing it.  Patch will be posted shortly.
>> Syntax looks like

>> e.g.
>>
>>   --pe-dll-characteristics=0x0400|0x0100
>>   --pe-dll-characteristics=1+128+1024,noseh,nobind
>>   --pe-dll-characteristics noseh:nobind:tsaware
>
> Nice. Where is the parsing done?

  I added a variant of pe.em#set_pe_name() that can understand those sorts of
arguments, and a field in the definfo struct that allows to supply a list of
the abbreviated names and their corresponding values, so the mechanism is
nicely reusable.

> Anyway, if you've implemented that option parsing using just a small bit
> of magic over top of getopt_long, I'll just borrow it (both packages are
> GPL) and try to keep the interfaces for
> 	ld --pe-dll-characteristics
> 	peflags --dll-characteristics
> sorta similar

  Yep, that would obviously be A Good Thing (TM).

> (with maybe some nice short synonyms for the common peflags actions).

  The mechanism is ready and waiting for you, just add the data tables!

> OTOH, if it relies on a bunch of pre-existing ld/* glue, then...

  Nope, should be easy to cut out the relevant bits, discarding ld-isms, and
paste the remainder into your code.  Copy of WIP attached for your
convenience; I've got to add doco and testcases before I can submit it, but
the parsing stuff is ready to fly and I'd appreciate any extra testing it gets :)

    cheers,
      DaveK