[boost and xerces] ping maintainers
Werner Wothke
wewo@smallwaters.com
Fri Mar 6 02:30:00 GMT 2009
Haclav,
I am using Boost's random number generator template library with cygwin
for statistical simulations
and am very happy with it. It would be a shame to abandon support of the
Boost libraries.
Can you point out to me where you see any Boost DLLs? I only see *.hpp
template files.
Best,
Werner
Václav Haisman wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA256
>
> bnv@nc.rr.com wrote:
>
>> First, thank-you for supporting these packages in Cygwin. It's
>> appreciated very much, at least by me.
>>
>> From the mailing list archives, it appears the last boost package
>> (v1.33.1) was rolled in 01/08, and the last xerces package (v2.8.0)
>> in 05/08. Any possibility of updating them to the current releases
>> (i.e., boost v1.38.0 and xerces v3.0.1)?
>>
> I have given up on Boost package on Cygwin. Boost build AFAIK does not
> follow the naming conventions Cygwin has for DLLs (or did not the last
> time I checked) and I do not have the willpower to hack it into submission.
>
> If you feel like taking over the Cygwin Boost package, try Boost Cygport
> as starting point for a new Cygwin package.
>
> - --
> wilx
>
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (MingW32)
> Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
>
> iFYEAREIAAYFAkmvjLEACgkQhQBMvHf/WHmuHwDgtuVC72i2G84dWi5IY1VNSm5Y
> yU7WWlWsedJ84gDgiirGMko6ywsljH7JpkK3mgIRG0teBg7cVMeazw==
> =WUAC
> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
>
> --
> Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
> Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
> Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
> FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
>
>
>
>
--
Werner Wothke, Ph.D.
3412 15th ST N
Arlington, VA 22201
202-379-8023 (cell)
703-527-1636 (home)
202-403-5024 (work)
wewo(at)smallwaters.com
--
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list