under cygwin, zsh cannot run when built against ncurses9-5.7-13

Vin Shelton acs@xemacs.org
Sat Mar 14 14:28:00 GMT 2009

René Berber wrote:
> Vin Shelton wrote:
>
>> Charles Wilson wrote:
>>> Just for grins, could you rebuild zsh against libncurses9 -- but this
>>> time use gcc3?  cygiconv-2 and cygncurses-9 use the static gcc-3.4.4
>>> libgcc.a, but you are apparently using the gcc-4.3.2 shared libgcc.
>>>
>>> I just wonder if that presents an incompatibility that could explain
>>> what you are seeing.
>> Thanks for replying, Chuck.
>>
>> As I mentioned in the initial email, I had already done just that.  Just
>> to be sure, I did it again, with the same result:
>
> No you didn't, the point was: use gcc3, in other words: mixing libraries
> built with gcc3 and gcc4 doesn't work.

I think my initial post contains this line:

 > The referenced builds used gcc-4, but the same problem occurred using
gcc-3.

If I'm wrong, or I'm misunderstanding you, I apologize.

In any case, I have now supplied the information requested, no?

Building with gcc-4 and the old ncurses produces a working zsh, in case
that wasn't clear from my earlier emails.

   - Vin