Message during linking

Eric Lilja mindcooler@gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 14:14:00 GMT 2009

Kai Tietz wrote:
> Hello Eric,

Hello Kai and thanks for your swift reply!

>> Here's the very simple Makefile that was used:
>> CXX = g++
>> CXXFLAGS = -Wall -Wextra -std=c++98 -pedantic -Werror -c
>> LDFLAGS = -s -o $(EXEC)
>
> Add to your LDFLAGS --enable-auto-import

--enable-auto-import did nothing, however, -enable-auto-import did
silence the warning during linking (notice only one leading dash).

> That should remove those warnings for you.

Ok, so I need to alter all my Makefiles for c++ programs and this will
remain this way (i.e., this option will always have to specified for the
linking phase from now on)?

> Cheers,
> Kai

- EL